Out of the concern of the Administrative Control Authority for providing an enabling environment for investment and implementation of the directives of the President, the Central Investment Support Department was established to discuss all the obstacles facing investors and proposals for solutions to give investors the confidence to fearlessly work and invest since the damage to the state treasury as a result of depriving it of investment opportunities is no less than the damage it suffers from corruption in its broader sense.
Administrative Control Authority’ Role to Support Investment
- Discuss the shortfalls and imbalances in the administrative body that hinder investment in general and provide proposals that improve the investment environment and climate.
- Examine all complaints submitted by investors and work to resolve them quickly and accurately and receive complaints via the email of the Central Investment Support Department.
- Effective cooperation with serious investors to accelerate the implementation of their new projects or expand the existing ones and overcome all the obstacles and problems they encounter.
- Follow-up on all laws and decrees issued by state agencies and discuss their impact on investment as well as follow up on all international indicators on the Egyptian economy activity.
- Hold continuous meetings with investors in all areas to discuss and consider their ideas and proposals to develop their projects in line with the state's objectives.
- Maximize the state’s revenues either by increasing the volume of direct investment or by increasing the volume of Egyptian exports.
- Support and coordinate with all export councils and discuss their proposals to overcome obstacles that help companies increase their exports with the aim of achieving sustainable development, especially in foreign exchange.
Key Investment support Laws
- Investment Law No. 72 of 2017 and its executive regulations.
- Industrial Licensing Procedure Facilitation Law No. 15 of 2017.
- Restructuring Regulation and Bankruptcy Preventative Reconciliation Law No. 11 of 2018.
- Amendment of Companies Law No. 159 of 1981 to allow the establishment of one-person companies.
- Unified Tax Procedures Law No. 206 of 2020.
To make a complaint about the problems facing investors click here