The National Anti-Corruption Committee was established by virtue of Prime Minister’s Decree No. 2890 of 2010, as amended by Decree No. 493 of 2014, chaired by the Prime Minister with the membership of the Minister of Local and Administrative Development, Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Administrative Prosecution Authority, Chairman of the Administrative Control Authority, and representatives of the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, General Intelligence, the Central Auditing Agency, the Anti-Money Laundering Unit and the Public Prosecutor's Office.
Functions and Powers
- Promote the actual enforcement of the provisions of the United Nations Convention against Corruption and other international and regional conventions.
- Formulate a unified Egyptian vision to be expressed in international forums.
- Monitor Egypt's implementation of its international obligations arising from these conventions and other international conventions as well as coordinating participation in the event of relevant conferences and teams and groups emanating from them.
- Conduct a regular assessment of national legislation, regulations and decrees related to the prevention and control of corruption and determining their adequacy and conformity with the provisions of the international conventions signed by Egypt.
Coordinating Subcommittee against Corruption
The Coordinating Subcommittee against Corruption of the National Coordinating Committee against Corruption was established by virtue of the Prime Minister's Decree No. 1022 of 2014, chaired by the chairman of the Administrative Control Authority with the membership of representatives of the Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Local Development and Administrative Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Public Prosecutor's Office, General Intelligence Service, Administrative Control Authority, Central Auditing Authority, Administrative Prosecution Authority and the Anti-Money Laundering Unit.
Functions and Powers
- Prepare the necessary study to develop the national anti-corruption strategy.
- Develop the most appropriate procedures and mechanisms for coordination for Egypt’s control and regulatory bodies to exchange information and expertise among themselves.
- Receive reports on corruption facts, investigate the perpetrators, and study all aspects of corruption in the units of the state administrative body.
- Propose the most appropriate solutions to eliminate aspects of corruption and make recommendations for spreading a culture of integrity and transparency in the society.